Article 1 User information to be collected and method of collection
n the Policy, “User Information” means information pertaining to the identification of users, action history on communication services, and other information generated or accumulated in relation to users or their terminals, which is collected by the Company in accordance with the Policy. The user information the Company collects in the Service shall be as follows, depending on the method of collection.
- Information provided by users
- Information related to user’s profiles, such as name, date of birth
- Information related to contact information, such as e-mail address, telephone number, and address
- Information related to means of payment, such as credit card information and bank account information
- Information entered or transmitted by the user through input forms or other methods stipulated by the Company
- User’s usage history on the Service
- Postings, photos, videos, comments, transaction messages, ratings, and any other information posted or transmitted by the user in connection with the Service
- Information provided by other services when the user permits linkage with such other services in the use of the Service.
In the event that a user has authorized the linkage with other services such as social networking services when using the Service, the following information will be collected from such external services based on the details agreed upon at the time of such authorization.
- ID used by the user for such external services
- Other information that the user has authorized to be disclosed to the linked party according to the privacy settings of such external services.
- Information the Company collects when the user uses the Service.
The Company may collect information about how users access and use the Service. This may include the following information:
- IP address
- Information on server access logs
- Cookies, ADIDs, IDFAs and other identifiers
- Information related to the use of services operated by third parties
- The Company may receive user information from third parties (including information related to individuals that third parties cannot identify; the same shall apply hereinafter in this paragraph) in order to provide the best possible service to users.
When receiving user information, the Company may receive user information from affiliated business partners who operate their own services, and from affiliated business partners who operate services linked to the Company’s services.
Article 2 Purposes of use
The specific purposes of use of user information related to the provision of the Service are as follows:
- To provide and operate the Service
- To deliver and display advertisements and measure their effectiveness
- To give guidance on the Service and respond to inquiries, etc.
- To develop new services, to operate such new services, to analyze information by the Company, to prepare statistical information and analytical reports in a form that cannot be used to identify individuals, to disclose such statistical information and analysis reports in a form that does not identify individuals, and to provide such information to third parties.
- To survey the level of satisfaction with the Service
- To conduct questionnaires regarding the Service of the Company currently providing or service the Company is considering offering in the future
- To conduct drawings for campaigns, etc., and to ship prizes and products
- For personalization and advertisement delivery
- To announce the Service of the Company and information in advertisements for which business operators, other than the Company, are advertisers
- To provide the Service of the Company customized to individual users
- To ensure the security of the Service of the Company and to prevent unauthorized use of the Service of the Company
- To send other communications according to necessity, such as important notices regarding the Service.
- To analyze the situation of use and to improve the services
- Purposes incidental to the above purposes of use
Article 3 Change of purposes of use
The Company shall change the purposes of use of personal information only when it is reasonably deemed that the purposes of use are relevant to the purposes of use before the change.
If the purposes of use are changed, the Company shall notify the users of the changed purposes by the method prescribed by the Company, or publicly announce the changed purposes on the Application or on the official website operated by the Company.
Article 4 Provision of personal information, etc. to third parties
The Company does not provide personal information included in user information to any third party (including parties located outside of Japan) without the prior consent of the user. However, this shall not apply to the following cases where there is a need to provide the information to a third party as listed below (excluding persons located outside of Japan with respect to items a and b).
- When the Company outsources all or part of the handling of personal information within the scope necessary to achieve the purposes of use.
- When personal information is provided as a result of succession of the business due to merger or other reasons.
- When it is necessary to cooperate with a national agency, a local government, or a person outsourced by either a national agency or local government to execute affairs prescribed by laws and regulations, and obtaining the user’s consent is likely to impede the execution of such affairs.
- Other cases as permitted by the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (hereinafter referred to as the “Personal Information Protection Act”) and other laws and regulations
- Information (hashed data such as user e-mail addresses) may be provided to affiliated advertising business operators for the purpose of matching user information with their user lists (hashed data of user’s e-mail address, etc.) for the purpose of designating targets for ad serving (including exclusion from such targets).
Article 5 Joint use of user information
We may outsource all or part of the handling of personal information to subcontractors to the extent necessary to achieve the purposes of use.
In such cases, the Company will thoroughly screen the subcontractors to ensure that they meet the criteria for selecting subcontractors designated by the Company, and ensure that the information acquired is properly managed in the agreement.
- The user information to be shared is the same as the item listed in “1. User information to be collected and collection methods” above.
- The purposes of joint use is the same as the purposes of use described in “2. Purposes of Use” above (however, for the purposes of joint use, “the Company” shall be read as the destination of each joint use).
- The person responsible for management of the joint use will be the Company. For inquiries, please contact the inquiry desk.
Article 6 Outsourcing of user information
The Company may outsource all or part of the user information obtained from the users to subcontractor(s) to the extent necessary to achieve the purposes of use.
In such cases, the Company will thoroughly examine the eligibility of the subcontractor, stipulate confidentiality obligations, etc. in an agreement, and establish a system to ensure that information is properly managed.
Article 7 Disclosure of personal information
When the Company is requested by a user to disclose personal information in accordance with the provisions of the Personal Information Protection Act, the Company will confirm that the request is made by the user himself/herself and disclose the information to the user without delay (if the relevant personal information does not exist, the Company will notify the user to that effect). However, this does not apply to cases in which the Company is not obligated to disclose such information under the Personal Information Protection Act or other laws and regulations. The Company requests your understanding in advance that a handling fee (1,000 yen per case) will be charged for the disclosure of personal information.
Article 8 Correction and suspension of use of personal information, etc.
- If the Company is requested by a user to correct the contents of personal information in accordance with the provisions of the Personal Information Protection Act because (1) the personal information is untrue, or (2) the personal information has been handled beyond the scope of the purposes of use publicly announced in advance or has been collected through deception or other wrongful means, the Company will confirm that the request is made by the user himself/herself, and conduct the necessary investigation without delay. Based on the results of such investigation, the Company will correct the contents of the personal information or suspend its use, and notify the user to that effect. If the Company decide not to correct or suspend the use of the information, the Company will notify the user to that effect.
- If the Company is requested by a user to delete the user’s personal information, and if the Company deems it necessary to comply with the request, the Company will delete the personal information after confirming that the request is made by the user himself/herself, and notify the user to that effect.
- If the Company is not obligated to correct, etc. or suspend the use, etc. of personal information under the Personal Information Protection Act or other laws and regulations, the provisions of 6-a and 6-b do not apply.
Article 9 Third party information collection modules, etc.
The Company may use tools such as information collection modules provided by other business operators to analyze the usage of the Service of the Company, conduct targeted advertising, or measure the effectiveness of advertisements.
Article 10 Inquiry desk
Please direct any comments, questions, complaints, or other inquiries regarding the handling of user information to the following inquiry desk:
- Address: Sakae Plaza Building 9F, 1-10-9 Higashisakura, Higashi-ku, Nagoya-shi 461-0005
- WCS Inc.
- Person responsible for handling personal information: Tokumaru Oguri
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Company will change the Policy as necessary. However, in the event of any change to the Policy that requires the consent of the users under the laws and regulations, the changed Policy shall apply only to those users who have consented to the change in the manner prescribed by the Company. If we change the Policy, we will make the effective date and contents of the Policy after its change known to the public by displaying the changed Policy on the Company’s website or by other appropriate means, or will send notices to the users.